In 1958 a group of men headed by Jack Donnelly registered the Easts Carina JRLFC, HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON. In that first year, two teams (Under 14 and Under 16) played in an unofficial capacity against whichever sides had byes.
In 1959, Easts Carina was officially recognised and their two teams played their first fixtures. The first Committee was established and consisted of Jack Donnelly (President), Norm Moore (Secretary), Garth Midgley (Treasurer), Bruce Broomfield, Dale Coogan, Tom Cooper and Leo Hyman.
1960 saw Easts Carina represented in three age groups (Under 14, 15 and 17) and the club advanced to four teams in 1961. The club Emblem of a Panther’s head between goal posts was initiated by Dale Coogan in this year.
In 1962, the club was able to play fixtures in its own home ground, situated on the Allan Ramsey Oval, adjacent to the Carina Bowls Club. Dressing sheds and a canteen were built in August 1962, to replace the tents which were originally used as dressing sheds.
The 1966 and 1967 seasons saw Easts Carina getting bigger and stronger and in 1968 the clubs new ground, the Leo Williams Field (The site of the clubs main field today) came into being with the dressing sheds and canteen situated under the old Chadwick Hall.
A second oval was opened in 1972 (Ted Johns Field) to initially be used as a training venue but in 2007 it was upgraded to allow games to be played on. In 1973 the existing clubhouse was built and the First tour to Souths in Mackay occurred.
In 1979 the club changed its emblem from the Panther to the Tiger which is still the current emblem today.
The 1996 season saw the opening of the current dressing sheds and the erection of the Media box on top of the grandstand which stood until being replaced with the current grandstand in 2004.
The 2004 season saw the beginning of our partnership with the Brisbane Broncos NRL club, with first Paul Green and now Michael Devere being employed as Development Managers for the club.
The club celebrated its 50th year in 2008 culminating with a 50th Anniversary dinner where a team of the past 50 years was named and presented. In 2012 the Carina Old Boys Association was formed with its clubhouse situated next to the junior clubhouse.
The 2013 season saw a total of 33 teams across 15 grades and proudly, 4 premiership graded teams in 2013 from U6 teams right through to Opens and Womens
The 2015 Season saw a total of 32 Junior Teams across 12 Grades consisting of 5 Premiership Grades. Senior Teams were U20, Open Premiers and Southside 2, A Grade and Women’s.
2016 - 35 Junior Teams consisting of 5 Premiership Grade Teams. 4 Senior Teams, A Grade, Premier Grade, Southside 2 and Senior Women's. Chairman's Trophy Winners, U11 Premier, U13 Premier and U14 Division 3. 8 Players represented SEQ and 1 Player represented Australia.
2017 – The club celebrated its 60th Jubilee with a dinner at Shangri-La Gardens. The club changed its emblem to a Panther and Tiger. The 2017 Season was the start of Registrations and Payments becoming online only. Demolition of our 1973 Clubhouse started on Monday 18th September in preparation for a new clubhouse. On the field we saw 31 Junior Teams consisting of 5 Premiership Grades and 3 Senior Teams being Open Premier Grade, Open Southside 2 and Senior Women Division 2.
2018 – We were handed the keys to our new Kev Buckmaster Clubhouse on Friday 2nd March. Peter Phillips from the Carina Leagues Club officiated the opening on Saturday 23rd June. We fielded 33 Junior Teams consisting of 4 Premier Grade Teams and 2 Senior Men Teams being Open Reserve Grade and Open Southside 2.